Spotlighting the work of Fran Zvonkovich, Lori Faraoni, Donna Fraser, and Joyce Matthews in Accounting.
Last time we met, Todd Osleger gave us just a peak into his role as a Senior Offline Captioner at VITAC. This week, we travel downstairs to Accounting Lane for a look at the roles that Accounting Assistants Fran Zvonkovich, Lori Faraoni, Donna Fraser, and Joyce Matthews play in keeping invoices, work orders, purchase orders, and balances all in check (a little finance joke). We so appreciate all of the work the Finance Department does for the entire VITAC team, and we are glad we got a chance to know a little more about what they do day to day.
Q: What is your official title?
A: Accounting Assistants
Q: Can you walk us through a normal day at VITAC for you as a member of the Finance Team?
A: Our days usually begin with e-mail– addressing needs/problems/concerns from our clients and sales departments. From there, there is no such thing as a normal day. We prioritize our work based on the client/salesperson needs and deadlines, etc.
The following is a list of jobs that our department undertakes each day.
- Invoicing which includes sorting/distributing and imputing data into detail sheets used during month end billing
- Weekly [Wednesday ASAP] batches for our special clients
- Daily check deposits and cash applications
- Running client credit cards to pay for invoices
- Posting vendor invoices for payment
- Getting approvals for accounts payables
- Weekly check run which includes: printing, signing, matching them to the invoices and mailing
- Researching current information on clients with past due balances for collection purposes
- Ordering supplies
- Greeting guests, answering phones and distributing mail
Q: What are some of your favorite parts about the job?
- Interacting with our co workers
- Getting paid for past due invoices
- Seeing some of the interesting titles on the work orders that pass our desks
Q: What are some of the most challenging parts of the job?
A: Month end billing and collections
Q: What advice would you give to those just starting out in the field or to anyone who wants to become involved in the Finance field?
A: Have good stress and time management skills and be flexible with your schedule.
Q: What do you do in your spare time not spent at VITAC?
Fran: Riding my horse [Arc Angel] and exercising: walking, Zumba and swimming
Donna: Yoga and healthy cooking
Lori: Spending time with her family
Joyce: Walking my dog [Sydney] and exercising: Yoga, Acro Yoga and Pilates
So great to hear from you all! Just four more reasons, why VITAC is “simply the best” and our customers keep coming back! Take a closer look at Our Team here for more insights on the wonderful employees that VITAC is so lucky to have.
By: Tori Trimm