Do you produce video content for distribution in the iTunes store? If so, there is a new requirement for any and all content: Videos must include closed captioning and/or subtitles.
The rule is in effect now and applies in the following ways:
- Any television show episode in English must have closed captioning whether it aired on United States television or not.
- Movies in English must have either closed captions, encoded subtitles, or both.
- Movies or TV shows without English audio must have English subtitles.
- Promotional and bonus material delivered to iTunes and live after June 30, 2015 must have closed captioning.
- iTunes extras must have closed captioning or encoded subtitles.
This new stipulation took effect June 30, 2015, and as of July 1, iTunes began removing any content not compliant with their new regulations.
VITAC offers a quick turnaround solution for short form videos and can help make yours iTunes ready!