This Web site (“Web site”) is operated by VITAC Corporation. The terms “VITAC,” “we,” “us,” “our” and “ours” when used in this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) includes subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under control of VITAC. The terms “you,” “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Notice means any user of this Web site.
Scope of Privacy Notice
You may visit our public Web site without providing any information about yourself. This Privacy Notice describes our current policies and practices with regard to personal data collected by us from you directly and/or through the Web site or Online Services (as defined below). The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable information about you. This Privacy Notice applies only to operation of Web sites that directly link to this Notice when you click on the Privacy Notice link.
Notification of changes to this Notice
VITAC is continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this Web site and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices may change. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you and the local data protection authority where required by law. We encourage you to check this page frequently and anytime you submit personal information via the Web site.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of your personal data
When you purchase our products and services or request information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide you with a personalized service. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We may share your personal data under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the requested information on products or services, your personal data may be shared with other companies within our group of companies and third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and we may use your personal data for marketing purposes and market research. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure described herein.
- We may use your personal data to administer this Web site and help us improve our services.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your personal data with other companies within our group of companies who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Web site, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- If you submit your resume or CV, we will use the information to process your inquiry and to monitor recruitment statistics. Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months before being destroyed or deleted.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your personal data may be part of an asset transfer or sale.
We will take every sensible precaution to protect the information we collect from you including physical, technical and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. Access to this information is protected both online and off-line.
Anonymous data collected through this Web site
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Web site. For example, our Web server automatically logs which pages of our Web site our visitors view, their IP addresses and which Web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Web site. Our Web site contains hyperlinks to other pages on our Web site. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Web site our visitors choose to view.
In order to collect the anonymous data described herein, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and by providing enough information to permit us to identify your contact data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. Upon request, we will correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the address given below. Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other Web sites
This Web site may contain hyperlinks to Web sites that are not operated by us. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these third-party Web sites or any association with their operators. We do not control these Web sites and are not responsible for their operation, data or privacy practices. We urge you to review any privacy notice posted on any site you visit before using the site or providing any personal data about yourself.
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this Web site from a country other than the country in which our servers are located, currently the United States of America, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this Web site and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your data as set out in this Privacy Notice.
VITAC complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
We will regularly review how we are meeting privacy objectives. If you have questions about our privacy practices or to issue a complaint you may contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We agree to participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by the American Arbitration Association and the European Data Protection Authorities.
Contact us; mail unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive electronic mail, please reply to the e-mail with the word “remove” in the subject heading, or, by writing to us at: VITAC Corporation 101 Hillpointe Drive, Canonsburg PA 15317 Attn: Opt-Out List Master.