Live and Offline Captioning Solutions for Governmental Agencies
VITAC’s first customer was a Federal Agency (Department of Education), and for more than 30 years, we’ve offered solutions to meet Section 508 requirements to all Federal agencies and institutions receiving federal funding. Our government customers were the first to caption online video, and we’re proud of our work in the early days with the IRS, FAA, CDC, and NASA. We continue to expand into new areas of media with our agency customers.
We also offer services to local governments and municipalities, captioning everything from school board meetings to city councils to state legislatures. Examples of our services include:
- Live Captioning for press briefings, city and county government sessions, satellite, and web training.
- Offline captioning and subtitling for prerecorded training and informational videos released to the public, including health libraries, how-to tax guides, and visitor center videos.
- Audio Description for prerecorded government videos distributed to employees or the public, including online, broadcast, and in museums all over the country.
Use Cases and Real-Life Solutions:
- Realtime captioning of city council meetings: Working with local municipalities, our captioners create detailed treatment sheets so that they are prepared for names and terminology that may arise in a city council session. We schedule “overage” time because even the most organized group can’t always predict when a meeting will end.
- Quick turnaround press briefings: In times of recent health crises, VITAC worked with the CDC to create near-immediate transcripts of press conferences and announcements. Our captioners create the initial transcript, delivered, with some errors, 15 minutes after the end of a meeting. Our offline captioners then clean up the transcript, delivering a final accurate video with quick turnaround.
- Political Advertising: Many political commercials must be captioned. We work with commercial producers to offer 15-minute turnaround of political spots.
Contact us or request a quote for more details on the solution that best meets your needs.