Careers in Captioning
We’re a great company looking for great people!
As the nation’s largest provider of media accessibility solutions, we have a passion for people and technology. Our team members strive to bring VITal ACcess to media consumers around the world through closed captioning, translation services, subtitling, and audio description while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Consider a career in captioning!
VITAC employees are offered some great benefits, including:
- Three medical plan choices
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time off
- 401(k) with immediate match and vesting
- Employee Summer and Winter events
- Production Coordinator: Our production coordinators are responsible for research, script preparation, setup, and on-air continuity of realtime closed captioning for more than 485,000 hours of live programming per year for CNN, HLN, MSNBC, CNBC, NHK, and many other networks.
- Offline Captioner: Offline captioners transcribe and caption programs that air on the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, PBS, BBC America, Sundance Channel, Lifetime, and many others.
Voice Captioners: Also known as voice writers, our voice captioners work from home and enjoy a flexible work schedule. Employees are provided training prior to transcribing for our customers. They start out working on a part-time basis with the opportunity to become full-time.
- Realtime Captioner: VITAC’s realtime captioners are full-time and part-time employees who either work at our Pittsburgh (Canonsburg, Pa.) location or remotely from their home locations. VITAC accepts applicants who are skilled realtime reporters with consistently high translation rates and the dictionary range to support translation of broadcast TV material.
Unsure if you’re ready to become a VITAC captioner?
You’re Ready to become a VITAC Captioner if You Are…
- A clean, complete, and consistent writer with 98+% accuracy.
- A writer who is conflict-free and uses prefixes, suffixes, etc. in your writing style.
- A team player who is able to work within VITAC’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A reliable and punctual person who is dedicated to delivering exceptional service.
- A writer who actively seeks ways to develop and maintain superior real-time captioning skills through self-correcting, continuing education, and a willingness to give, receive, and incorporate feedback.
All Open Positions And How To Apply
For a list of all current open positions, and to apply directly to be a part of the VITAC team, visit our careers portal.