Captioning videos on popular web platforms such as Facebook and YouTube is easy. Captioned Web videos are…
- Searchable: YouTube captions are searchable – accurate VITAC captions will connect people with your video and improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO) results.
- Accessible: Captions expand your audience – your captioned web video reaches people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or in a quiet environment – and satisfy Section 508 and ADA requirements.
With VITAC, it’s a simple process:
- Upload your video to VITAC’s easy and secure file upload site. We accept just about any format.
- VITAC will create a 100% accurate caption file, either from scratch or by reformatting a caption file created for the television broadcast.
- VITAC sends you the .SRT caption file with the quickest turnarounds in the industry. You may upload the captions to YouTube or other platform. If using YouTube, once the .SRT is uploaded, YouTube will then time the captions to be synchronous with the audio. YouTube’s timing is much better than their auto-transcription!
Don’t leave it to the auto captions! See an example of one of our .SRT files uploaded to YouTube below. Make sure to click the “CC” icon to ensure the captions are on!